01/02/2009

Oh, I really suck at this...

Hmmm... I'm willing to overlook the fact it's been, what, 4 months since I set this up and haven't posted in it since if you are. Agreed? Agreed.

Anyways, life moves on and such. Recent events include I am now actually at university, slaving under tyrannical deadlines and insane equipment costs whilst learning to be a Graphic Designer. Fun times? Most of the time... If you're in the slightest bit interested in my work, have a gander at My DeviantART Account to see the stuff I've done in my spare time. It's good, I swear!

Other events include I'm currently trying to get FerretCrossing, my much maligned website, back up and running for the new year. Since I seemed to have missed the entirety of 2008 on the site, I think it's probably high time I revive it...

Finally I'd like to take a few lines here to mark the passing of Tony Hart. The man served as an inspiration to at least two generations of artists and creatives, and while he didn't influence me directly, he inspired those that inspired me. He also deserves credit for showing Morph, one of the early gems from Aardman Animation (of Wallace and Grommit fame). RIP, my man, you will be missed.

I'm also gonna crow bar in here (in lieu of another post later on) another loss, not quite as important as Tony Hart, but just as depressing to me. In this last month, The Designers Republic, the design firm who inspired me to go into the industry, folded. These guys were my icons, and will also be missed. I hope when Ian Anderson says they'll be back, he really means it.
--Dom--
--Wow... tough month...

No comments: